Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Stop Motion Animation of Falling

I decided to animate a leaf drop. First, I robbed the bushes outside my apartment of one of their leaves. Then, I filmed reference of my leaf dropping and planned out my animation. After that, I drew a path of action and time chart on my kitchen wall in pencil. Finally, I took photos from my webcam of the leaf taped to the wall at each charted position on my path of action. The result? A stop motion leaf drop, animated with a real leaf!

It was super fun! I can't wait to do more stop motion animation!

4 comments:

  1. Nail it!
    Believability: 12 out of 12 points
    Creativity: 8 out of 8 points
    Total: 20 out of 20 points

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plus 20 bonus point for being selected by John Clapp as one of the top three animations in the class. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete