Saturday, April 3, 2010

Anette HANDshaw

Here's my character walk! I animated it listening to Annette Handshaw's (1920's flapper/jazz musician) music, so the character turned into the female hand, "Annette HANDshaw."
It took me many tries. It's difficult to animate your own hand with a different personality than your own. That, and hands are just wiggly. I never knew how fidgety I was until I tried to animate my hand.
I tried a walk cycle first. It took many tries before I developed a method for animating it. I had to map out my keys on the "ground" where I placed my character. I numbered the in-betweens and labeled my passing position and contact poses with capitol letters.
I had to twist my arms around a lot to film this. I was shooting with my right hand, on my mac computer, peeking at the computer to make sure each photo was right.
A lot of work, but I think it was worth it.

Enjoy!


...and here's a little bit about Annette Hanshaw
http://www.redhotjazz.com/Hanshaw.html

1 comment:

  1. Believability & Accuracy: 7 of 12 points
    Creativity: 8 of 8 points
    Total: 15 of 20 points

    ReplyDelete